Public Sector Experience:
Public Outreach & Community Relations.
From grassroots to cyberspace and public meetings to social media, we create synergy between the message, medium, project and stakeholder. Travesky & Associates has worked on many of the nation’s most notable transportation and regional planning projects.
Highways, railways, toll roads. Airports, train stations, military bases. We’ve been in the trenches on such high profile projects as Fort Belvoir’s realignment, Maryland’s Intercounty Connector, Dulles Corridor Rail, and I-495 HOT Lanes. We have worked on public, media and government relations projects of all shapes and sizes. All projects, big or small, are crucially important for the stakeholders. We approach each project with professionalism, enthusiasm, and a dedication to strategic communications excellence.
Travesky & Associates has assisted project teams with studying the efficient placement of land use activities, infrastructure, and growth.
- A Transit Vision Plan for Hampton Roads
- Metropolitan Area Transportation Operations Coordination (MATOC)
- MWCOG Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Route 13 & Wallops Island Growth & Access Management Study
- Southern Maryland Mass Transportation Study
- NVTC TransAction 2030 Plan Update
- NVTC TransAction 2040 Plan Update
- Western Transportation Corridor Study
Military/Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC)
Travesky & Associates designed and implemented a strategic communications program to inform stakeholders about the implementation of the Base Realignment and Closure Act of 2005 (BRAC) projects at Fort Belvoir in Virginia. We communicate with stakeholders via a broad range of media on behalf of the Fort Belvoir Command Group, Public Affairs Office, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Travesky & Associates has performed statewide planning tasks, and developed marketing and community outreach materials for several projects in the aviation field.
- Carroll County Regional Airport Environmental Assessment
- MD Aviation Property Release Environmental Assessment (BWI)
- MD Aviation Area Layout Plan Environmental Assessment (BWI)
- Virginia Air Transportation System Plan Update 2000
- Dulles Toll Road Draft Noise Policy (MWAA)
- Dulles Toll Road Proposed Toll Rate Increase (MWAA)
- Dulles Corridor Transportation Study (Major Investment Study) (WMATA)
Travesky & Associates has worked on many stages of the Dulles Corridor Rail, from the Major Investment Study to the Environmental Impact Statement, as well as other rail studies in the region.
- Capital Beltway Corridor Rail Feasibility Study (DRPT)
- Dulles Corridor Bus Rapid Transit Refinement Study (WMATA)
- Dulles Corridor Major Investment Study & Environmental Impact Study (WMATA)
- Dulles Metro Extension (Public-Private Transportation Act) (VDOT MegaProject)
- Purple Line/Bi-County Transitway, Maryland (MTA)
Travesky & Associates has worked on many major transit arteries and a variety of rail, bus, and water projects in the Washington Metropolitan region and beyond. We understand how to accommodate the political environment and possess the ability to relate to the public in any arena. Regional planning and land use projects include:
- Columbia Pike Transit Initiative (Arlington and Fairfax Counties)
- Crystal City/Potomac Yard Transit Alternative Analysis (DRPT)
- Metrobus 30s Line Study (WMATA)
- Passenger Ferry Boat Feasibility Study (DRPT)
- Richmond Regional Transit Study (RRPDC)
- Rosslyn Circle Crossing Study (a bicycle/pedestrian study) (Arlington County)
- WMATA Budget Forums
Transportation Infrastructure Improvements
Travesky & Associates has been involved in numerous major transportation projects in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. Our knowledge of the study areas and strategic planning experience are assets to our clients.
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge—Tunnel Toll Impact Study (A-NPDC)
- I-66 Corridor Major Investment Study (VDOT)
- I-66 Spot Improvements (VDOT)
- Idea 66—Inside the Beltway (VDOT)
- I-81 Truck Climbing Lane, Montgomery County, VA (VDOT)
- I-95 HOV/HOT Lanes (VDOT)
- I-95 Collector Distributor Access Feasibility Study and I-95 Extension of HOV Lanes (VDOT)
- I-95/395 HOV Restriction Study (VDOT)
- I-495 Capital Beltway HOT Lanes (VDOT)
- Intercounty Connector—ICC Contract B (SHA)
- Outer Connector Northeast Quadrant Major Investment Study (VDOT)
- Route 29 Corridor Study (VDOT)
- Route 250 Corridor Study, Albemarle County, VA (VDOT)
In just the past few decades, the Washington Metropolitan region has built the 103-mile Metro system, initiated commuter rail, doubled the capacity of the Capital Beltway, and rebuilt bridges, bike lanes, runways and trails. The region’s growth rate continues to accelerate.
Recognized around the globe for its financial, technological and – of course – political leadership, the National Capital Region is among the most active, rewarding and challenging areas in which to practice government and community relations. Travesky & Associates has been involved in many of the nation’s most significant transportation projects of the past 25 years...and the best is yet to come.